Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! The value of my cars

Kid_Again

Corvette
65 SB Roadster, 66 BB Coupe
I want to send my insurance company a new valuation of both my '65 and '66. Any suggestions on a location to give me estimates of what these cars sell for? I think one of the Corvette magazines has an annual list of Corvette prices. I could look on ebay for buy-it-now prices, etc but what has worked for you guys?

Since my cars are highly modified (vortech supercharger plus other goodies on the small block and a zz440/tripower in the coupe where the original 427 sat), I understand that this gives me a ballpark price. On the other hand, both cars are #match (for WHATEVER that means with all the fakes out there), down to the heads, intake, exhaust manifolds, carbs, distributors, radiators, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

I want to send my insurance company a new valuation of both my '65 and '66. Any suggestions on a location to give me estimates of what these cars sell for? I think one of the Corvette magazines has an annual list of Corvette prices. I could look on ebay for buy-it-now prices, etc but what has worked for you guys?

Since my cars are highly modified (vortech supercharger plus other goodies on the small block and a zz440/tripower in the coupe where the original 427 sat), I understand that this gives me a ballpark price. On the other hand, both cars are #match (for WHATEVER that means with all the fakes out there), down to the heads, intake, exhaust manifolds, carbs, distributors, radiators, etc.

Thanks for the advice!

As far as my $.02 goes... When I came up with my figure of $75K ...I used the condition of the car Number 1 thru 5 and took into consideration the work done to the car "Restored Complete Rebuilt Frame" "new GMZZ502 Engine and 5 Speed Keisler Transmission" and new componets in the driveline and re-carpeted interior ..just to name a few things. Plus all the other new extras that were added.

Also...Since I did the work I added labor at $45.00 per hour into the mix. Don't forget your time in the price of the car.

That's my story ..and I'm stick-en with it.:D

PS: See my Last PM

I use condon skelly with an agreed value policy and just went thru this myself.

We used the NADA guide as a start point and finessed it from there.

on the 62 we used high retail with options ,And I would say I am just slightley under its proper insurance but could build another one with the moneys,

On the 66 We used average retail with the proper options and dropped it down 15,000 or so as I feel the markets soft and I could replace car for the price I am insuring it for no problem

In dealing with condon skelly as long as we are able to form a fair price from the NADA guide I have not had to get an apraisal for insurance. It might also be that they have insured the cars since I have owned them and have all of the pictures allready on file.

Thanks, guys!:w

Hey Mark, I think your labor rate is 'way underpriced. It's not everyone who can ensure that critical parts are dropped into a waiting pan of engine coolant to give them that "factory fresh" look. I'm thinking you should be charging AT LEAST $46.50 per hour.

You're welcome.:m

VNV, I responded to your PM.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom