Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire fitment - HELP

trrgod

Corvette
1989 Black Coupe 6 sp
I have a set of after market rims that came off of my 89 Corvette. The rears have a set of 315 x 17's that fit under my wheelwell fine. (The rims may be the same offset as the GS but I just can't remember.) I have a potential buyer who has an 87 Corvette. We need to know if they will fit his car. We can't get to his car right now to see if they fit. So, we need to know that if they fit my 89 does that mean they will fit his 87?

I have a set of after market rims that came off of my 89 Corvette. The rears have a set of 315 x 17's that fit under my wheelwell fine. (The rims may be the same offset as the GS but I just can't remember.) I have a potential buyer who has an 87 Corvette. We need to know if they will fit his car. We can't get to his car right now to see if they fit. So, we need to know that if they fit my 89 does that mean they will fit his 87?
They will Fit!!!:thumb 84-96 have the same frame and body dimensions!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

They will Fit!!!:thumb 84-96 have the same frame and body dimensions!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I disagree. There were suspension changes from the '87 to the '88 model years. The rears will fit the lug pattern, but will not have the proper offset. He'll need to purchase a set of wheel adapters to achieve the needed offset. I believe that goes for the front, too.

That all C4s have the same "frame and body dimensions" is irrlevant to this discussion...and it's not true anyway.

The wheels for an 88-96 will not properly fit an 84-87 because of the differences in the early and late C4 suspensions referenced above by "ZumZum".

The problem is that the offsets of the wheels used on early- and late-C4 are different. In the front, the difference is going to be 18 or 24mm depending on whether the 87 is a base car or has Z51/Z52 wheels. In the rear it will be 12 or 18 mm.

This would be a "deal breaker" in the case of a set of 11x17s from a 96 GS Coupe as they barely fit when the offset is 50-mm.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom