Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

East wood's 2K Ceramic Chassis Black quesion

Consider using Por-15 chassis paint. It is very good. Go to their web page. Many choices available.

I haven't used 2K Ceramic Chassis Black Gloss, specifically, but I have used others of Eastwood's Chassis Black brand with excellent results.

I recommend them.

Since it's formulated with ceramic it offers better abrasion resistance and it is chip resistance. It is also use it on off road vehicles because of this. Of course I'm not going off roading in a vette by I plan on holding on to this car for a while and don't really want to do this restoration twice. Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator beat por 15 and apparently their ceramic paint is even better.

Eastwood Co. - Rust Encapsulator vs. POR 15

Also the video was very informative

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...&keyword=50544

I am just about to paint my chassis and was wondering if anyone has used east woods's 2K Ceramic Chassis Black Gloss before. What's it like? How far did one container go for you? Everyone is telling me to power coat it but i have decided to go this way.
Also do I have to use marine clean and metal realdy before primering it.

Eastwood Co. - 2K Ceramic Chassis Black Gloss and Activator

I've used both, POR-15 and Eastwood. The POR-15 kit with the cleaners is great stuff - you'll have to use a top coat to prevent it from oxidizing.

More recently I used the 2K Eastwood and I like it better. The POR-15 is very thick and can be difficult to control. However, the Eastwood stuff sprayed beautifully with spray gun and 1.4 tip (a 1.8 might even be better) and looked "cleaner" (less manipulated, if that makes sense) than the POR-15 ... Eastwood also offers metal prep and cleaners that work just as good as POR-15's Metal Ready and Marine Clean.

Ralph

how far did 1 container go for you?

One quart of 2K satin black was able to sufficiently cover two coats of a chassis of a Ford T-Bucket (kit car project). I am not sure of the relative size that would be to a Vette (I've never had mine off frame). I cant imagine it's much of a difference though.

Ralph

I had my frame sand-blasted, then I made sure to get all the sand out, re-welded the frame, coated/primed it with rust encapsalator and then put 3 coats of eastwood extreme chassis black on after that. It came out awesome. Eastwood products are very high quality. I believe the new 2K was meant for professional shops to spray on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom