Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

02 Z06 Vs 08 Coupe

Jim Z06

Corvette
2002 Torch red Z06
I am thinking about trading in my 02 Z06 for a new 08 Coupe with A6. My Z is a third car and rarely use it (14k miles). If I sell the wife's car (Golstice GXP) I figure the wor$t I can do is break even. I still have my pick em up truck and the wife would have the new vette. It would be an every day car and I wouldn't feel bad about taking it out in the rain etc. I don't think the Z06 will be a collectable. What do you think? Am I f@&%@ Crazy!? :crazy

My C4 to C5 to C6 have always been my DD's. Why would you want to drive anything else. I couldn't think of a better way to start my day then getting into my vette and headin' out! It sure makes the drive to work more pleasing.
Remember, as we get older we become wiser to the fact that life really IS too short!

I had an 01 Z06 (traded in last Aug for a 07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T). I missed driving a Vette all the time, so I recently gave my wife the Daytona and bought myself a 2008 Jetstream Blue Coupe. This LS3 is incredible! I know I will be faster at the track in my 08 than my Z06 (some of that due to the 08 being an auto and my fear of power shifting the Z06). But on the road, I would still say the 08 much faster (granted I had an 01, 385hp). If you get a C6, look for one with the Z51 suspension. Coming from the Z06, you are definitely going to want that option. Still drives smoother than the Z, but it also has all of the handling of your Z. Good luck!!

I don't think you can go wrong. The LS3 has great power. Yes you should get the Z51 because it will be close to your Z06 handling wise.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom