Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 03 Z06 TCS code

berk

Corvette
2003 FRC 50th Anniversary Z06-Yellow
I have a 03 Z06 with a 28TCS C 1214 HC code. Where can I get the info on where to start? I tried to reset and it re-appears 3 seconds right after reset.

DTC C1214 is a fault in the ABS relay. The relay is built into the electronic brake and traction control module (EBTCM) and can't be serviced in the field.

That the DTC keeps resetting indicates it's a hard code and not an intermittent caused by a wiring/connections problem. Solving the code requires either replacement of the EBTCM or both the EBTCM and the brake pressure modulator (BPMV)

Solving this code requires a scan tester which can command the ABS autobleed function.

Do you have a tester which supports autobleed?

If you do, post to that effect and I can give you more instructions.

If you don't, take the car to a service facility familiar with GM ABS service for repair.

Here is a link to review.

Code C1214? - Corvette Forum

I recommend you send it to someone like ABS Fixer rather than getting a new one. The 97-00 ones are the ones that no one wants to work on. Even so there are some problems that no one can fix like C1255 (Death Code) but it does not appear that is your issue.

But before you do what the guy in Post 6 above did. That solved his C1214 issue.

DTC C1214 is a fault in the ABS relay. The relay is built into the electronic brake and traction control module (EBTCM) and can't be serviced in the field.

That the DTC keeps resetting indicates it's a hard code and not an intermittent caused by a wiring/connections problem. Solving the code requires either replacement of the EBTCM or both the EBTCM and the brake pressure modulator (BPMV)

Solving this code requires a scan tester which can command the ABS autobleed function.

Do you have a tester which supports autobleed?

If you do, post to that effect and I can give you more instructions.

If you don't, take the car to a service facility familiar with GM ABS service for repair.

I will check with my local repair shop and see if he has the scanner/tester for "autobleed" I will post with answer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom