Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

04 vs 05

Larry's Yellow Rdstr

Corvette
05 black cpe-Porsche GT3
Of the two model years which would you choose, and why. I know they are entirely different cars. Both cars are base Corvettes, black in color with approximately 21000 miles each.
TIA for any help.

The 04 is a much more refined auto.An 05 is a starting point series which will develope in a great car .

Both are great cars, by definition - they are Corvettes.

With the C6 you are getting the next generation of Corvette with all the refinements - (Better ride, better seats). You will also get 50 more hp :)

The 04 is a much more refined auto.An 05 is a starting point series which will develope in a great car .

I disagree. The C6 is a lot more refined than the C5 in many ways. They took what was already an awesome car (the C5) and improved it immensely in every respect. I cannot wait to own a C6, GM did a fantastic job on it.

Owned them both and if you can't drive them and tell which one you want we sure can't.

It's that easy, after "you" drive both "you" get the one "you" want.

Just bought a '04 conv. I drove an '05 coupe for a few days. I loved it. The best of everything tech, power, styling. However, for around 35K I got a 10K conv and the best I could of got was a stripped, used C6 coupe for around 40K. The C6 market is falling quickly. If you buy on now you better intend to hold for a while or you are going to take a big hit. The C5's have already taken most of their beating but are still an awsome car. I do not like to have the same toy for more than a couple of years. Not to mention I got the most desireable conv w/ all opts and a warranty through the middle of next year. The way I look at at it am in the best driver's seat possible. Just my .02 cwt. To each thier own!

CP

The C6 is hands down a much better car. All you have to do is take them both for a nice long ride and i think you will find that the ride, handling and performance is much better in the C6.

Were you simply saying be careful of the first model year?

:w
Guy

Thats right Guy. I want a c-6 really bad but have forced myself to wait.My 03 will be up for sale soon. Biggest problem is that i'll miss the extra speed that Quicksilver allows me.I don't think the extra power of the c-6 will help.See ya at Carlisle next year. Steve

Thanks for the replies. I need to make a decision today. I haven't driven the 05 yet but will do so this am. I'm looking forward to the new body style and the 50 additional horsepower, and I see from pictures the interior is different. The 04 I am driving I originally purchased new off the showroom floor. I subsequently sold the car, and then repurchased it. It has 24000 miles showing, but has been abused. I should have inspected it better!! I did buy an extended warranty with the 04, but it has a $200.00 deductable (for each covered item).
The 05 has some remaining Factory warranty and fewer miles. The 05 was not in inventory when I bought the 04 (same dealership). I'm hopeful the dealership will "unwind" the 04 deal, but we"ll see this am. I hope the GM got laid over the holiday weekend.

The 05 is definitely much better, ride, extra horsepower, etc. What I don't like on the 05 is that I need two vehicle tags in MD and the styling will be ruined with a tag placed on the nose!

there's something about that car........

Both are great cars, by definition - they are Corvettes.

With the C6 you are getting the next generation of Corvette with all the refinements - (Better ride, better seats). You will also get 50 more hp :)

I would agree. Nice 2006 Machine Silver Z51 Convertible by the way.......something about it I quite like.....;)
RG

After driving and thoroughly inspecting the C6 I had to have it, so my C5 is history. I checked the VIN with a Chevrolet dealer and my roof has been fixed. The car drives and shows "as new", and has an XM radio which I've always wanted. It gives a much different driving experience than any Corvette I've ever owned. The only thing I miss from my C5 is the Borla exhaust, but I will make some changes down the road.

Save the wave!

Lar

Larry,

Congratulations on the new car!!!! How exciting! Be sure to post some pictures of this new beauty.

Elaine

Congrats on that C6! I drove a drop top last summer and was totally impressed by the C6. IMhO, it is a vastly superior car, dynamically, to any street Corvette that came b4. I love my C4, but............ DFO;)

Congrats on the C6. I am sure the two of you will be very happy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom