Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

04 Z06 recomended service/ recalls??

Shifty

Corvette
2004 Z06/Z16 #1056
I just noticed on my car the valve cover has alittle oil sepage is this common with 18K and does anyone else know of anything else that I should check, its going to the dealer next nice day

dealer repairs

I did take the car in and they replaced both valve cover gaskets, they treated the car like crap and didn't wipe any of the excess oil off the head but whatever, they will never touch my car again. Still wondering if anyone has any other thing to look for while it is still under warranty.

I had a catalytic converter go out within 12k miles, the passenger door window motor, and the infamous steering lock service recall. Other than that it's been ok.

I just bought an 03 C5Z. It seems like the biggest deal to check on or worry about is the steering column lock. If it's original and fails, you're stuck where you are. Even with the recall, you can still have a problem: the column won't lock again but if the system fails, the fuel get cut off and you can't drive it. Many owner have installed a Column Lock Bypass (CLB) which supposedly cures it once and for all.
jcs44
03 C5Z

Definitely do the column lock bypass. They're usually about $50 and takes about 15 minutes to do yourself.

And check the clutch fluid, if it's dark, syphon it out, re-fill, pump it and repeat the cycle until your clutch fluid is clean.

I'm doing some major work this month and will also install a bleeder for the clutch fluid.

I'm doing some major work this month and will also install a bleeder for the clutch fluid.
WHY??~??? :confused:confused:confused
Your Clutch Slave has a bleeder valve on it Edmond!:thumb

WHY??~??? :confused:confused:confused
Your Clutch Slave has a bleeder valve on it Edmond!:thumb

I'm not satisfied with the car as it stands so I'm going to improve it.

Going to install:

RPM level IV transmission
LS7 clutch/flywheel/pressure plate
long tube headers
spark plugs
spark plug wires
stainless braided brake lines
speed bleeders for the brake calipers
1-4 skip shift eliminator
MGW shifter

as for that bleeder, I realize it has the valve but I'm going to install a stainless braided line so I can bleed the clutch myself from the top.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom