Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

06 Z06 Exhaust

B

bac2vettes

06 Z06 mufflers are equipt with what seems to be N/O vacuum actuated valves which bypass the baffles in the muffler making it a straight through exhaust. The valves open in the 3-4 thousand RPM range under hard excelleration. I have been told there is a fuse which can disable the valve leaving it open at all times. However I don't know how its labelled or where it is and also this seems contradictory to it being a vacuum operated valve. If its electric I would like to make it switchable for the long trips. Any ideas out there?

bac2vettes,
Welcome to the CAC.
You need to talk to a member here by the name of Gersh.
We had a conversation about this last weekend, and he reached over to the passenger side and removed one of the fuses there to show me... but I didn't write down or remember which one it is.

Tammy

Hi
The vacuum modules also use a control circuit. The fuse box is located under the right hand floorboard carpet. The fuse is the 10 amp in the lower right corner.

BTW: I did pull mine and love the sound butttt at 55 to 70 mph range when you are just crusing the 'drone' gets real old real quick. I invested in a lg sports 'switch' kit. I have owned 4 vetts and never modified any of them but this $133 kit includes that semi-round snap in piece on your console (where the z51 switch would go on a req c6) and truely looks factory. The kit comes with detailed instructions and I find myself playing wuth the thing all of the time. see below link to anothe forum:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97453

I ordered the switch from LG. Thanks

Pulling the fuse makes cruising on highways uncomfortable.....too noisy.

I have Corsa Performance exhaust on my C6 Z06 and am completely satisfied! :)

I agree that pulling the fuse is not the way to go. I chose the LG motorsports 'switch kit'. It works as advertised, normal quiet operation with switch on, and butterfly valves open when off. However, if access to the inline fuse is ever required in the wire harnas supplied by LG, the console and side trim panel must be removed again, as in the installation. The inline fuse could just as easliy been placed farther down the harnas so it would end up in the fuse panel. The fuse taps in the harnas were also a loose fit and fell out on the first test drive. I put a slight bend in the prongs (fuse taps) to facilitate a tight fit. It now works fine.

I pulled my fuse and went for a drive. 20 miles later I was ready to replace the fuse! I did remove the fuse for dyno pulls though. :)

Disabled valves

I have had my 06 Z06 over at K & N Engineering and they used it to develope there new intake for the Z06.
During the dyno testing they noticed a decrease in the low end torque with the valves disabled. Not much but a few.

The kit is making impressive HP addition. I am a K & N dealer and will have kits available soon.

LG Motorsports has a better fix than pulling the fuse. Go to their web page.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom