Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1/4 Mile

J

JimS

Well it's about 2 more months before I can get to the track for opening day. I recently purchased my 95' and love it to death. I've spent a few dollars on some upgrades (none installed due to broken wrist) and plan to spend more as it becomes available. I'm planning on documenting my progress this year and I'd like to see what mods you guys have done and how it's affected 1/4 mile times.

-JimS

Jim,

As soon as I can get some stickier tires and time, I will take the newly modded 90 to the Gainesville 1/4 mile speedway and get some times. I am shooting for 12s.

We will see.................

I'm hoping for mid 13's completely stock. The track opens on 4-14-02 near me and I plan to spend the day out there. I figured I'd run a few with the ASR and a few without to see where I'm at. -JimS

Jim,

Don't run with ASR on.. My friend did once on his 94 vert. not a pretty sight.

Also in stock trim my friend's vert ran a 13.9... (cannot recall the MPH)

I took my bro-in-law's 93 6-speed to a 13.48 with a K&N filter being the only mod. Don't remember the trap speed.

He hates me - he's never been able to break 13.9 with his own car! I can shift better...

I'm hoping to get my 86 to the same 1/4 time, with mods.
[RICHR]

I've went 13.843@103.211 with an auto with 2.59s and a k&n.

I haven't had my Vette to the track yet either, as I've only had a couple of months now and there hasn't been a track open !! But I'm an avid 1/4 & 1/8 mile'r. My '94 T/A with the LT-1/auto ran 13.99 - bone stock.

As to the ASR....I ran my moms BMW Z3 roadster (5 speed manual) with and with out the traction control. To my suprize with out the traction control resutled in a much better E.T. With it on, it backs off the power to much and takes too long to turn it back on. With it off I was able to launch with just a turn or two of the tires and take right off at full power.

P.S......In case we have any 1/4 mile buffs here.....My '68 camaro with an inline 6 engine (296 cu.in.) Runs 12.80's @ 105-ish. 3400 lb race weight, 3.73 rear end, street legal. It's not very stock though......:)

misterKTM said:
...'68 camaro with an inline 6 engine (296 cu.in.) Runs 12.80's @ 105-ish. ...street legal.

:J Wahoo! Gotta love the Inliners! :J

_ken :w

hey 69

you going to gatornationals in march? if so i'll be there we race a federal mogul dragster and will be our first race of the year. oh yeah i can't wait to take my vette to the track and cut some lites...hehe wanna see what she does in stock trim before i add the mods....lol :D

Hi misterKTM,

you say you had a stock LT1 93 with 4 speed auto:
1. was it equipped with the 2.59 rear axle gear ratio?
2. did you check the 0-60 mph (1/4 mi) times with and without ASR?
3. What is the way you have used for optimal acceleration times?

would be great if you still remember ...

wulf

Hi misterKTM,

I forgot: I have a serious problem with my values- see the
"LT1 performmance" thread.

wulf

Wulf,

I'll have to do some digging to find my ET slips for the car. I went out to the shop and looked in the glovebox but they aren't there, hopefully I put them somewhere and the wife hasn't discarded them to make room for her.....well....personel items.:( The car has the lowest gear ratio offered, I think it is in the 3.42 range - I'll have to check that to be sure as well. The T/A is acutally a '94, the corvette is a '93. The T/A does not have traction control (ASR). The car hooked up pretty well at the track, they prepped it pretty well and I had good tires on - so I was able to just pretty much stand on it off of the line. That's about all I can tell you until I find the ET slips.

Rob

Re: hey 69

Mad-Mic said:
you going to gatornationals in march? if so i'll be there we race a federal mogul dragster and will be our first race of the year. oh yeah i can't wait to take my vette to the track and cut some lites...hehe wanna see what she does in stock trim before i add the mods....lol :D

I doubt I will make it there. I have missed it the last 4 or 5 years in a row.

We have another Autocross the first weekend of March, and I am just now getting the engine in the 69.

I need to check the Gainesville Test and Tune schedule thought and get the 90 to the track. Right now the back tires are so worn down and hard that they are like glass. Kind of fun though.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom