Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 10 Years of LT4s!

1996 LT4 Topic

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
Happy first decade to LT4s!

It’s now been ten years since they rolled off the assembly line, it’s been a wild ride ever since.

Now, back to the party:beer...

B17Crew
:w

Yep, my Grand Sport will officially be ten years old in February, and her party will really begin at Corvettes at Carlisle!!:birth So far, 80 Grand Sports have committed to attend this event, and we're hoping for a total of 96. Just picture that!!!!:_rock

Elaine

96 a great year!

For some strange reason I had this urge to take out my 96 lt4 yesterday.Now I get it.Weather has been great!Wanted out for its birthday.Great car,great performance and a heck of alot of fun!!! Kevin.

GS Diva said:
Yep, my Grand Sport will officially be ten years old in February, and her party will really begin at Corvettes at Carlisle!!:birth So far, 80 Grand Sports have committed to attend this event, and we're hoping for a total of 96. Just picture that!!!!:_rock

Elaine

Picture that I can! I am going to try to make it to Carlisle this year, I just bought a 1 gig memory card for my digital camera, I sure would like to fill it up with shots of Grand Sports!

Kevin Doyle said:
For some strange reason I had this urge to take out my 96 lt4 yesterday.Now I get it.Weather has been great!Wanted out for its birthday.Great car,great performance and a heck of alot of fun!!! Kevin.

Amen to that! I also couldn’t help notice that as the LT4 completed its first decade, Dave Hill officially retired on January 1, 2006. The LT4 was developed while Dave Hill was at the helm. I’m gonna try to get Mr. Hill’s autograph on my window sticker someday.

B17Crew

B17Crew said:
Happy first decade to LT4s! It’s now been ten years since they rolled off the assembly line,

Actually, it's been about 10 years and three months now...but that's not important.
What is important is that my own LT4 is waiting faithfully at home for me to get off work.

Larry

I am proud to have owned and put 24K miles on 1 of the beast!

04ntheSmokyMountains.jpg

* 1996 LT4/Z51 6-Speed Torch Red/Black in the Smoky Mountains *

code5coupe said:
Actually, it's been about 10 years and three months now...but that's not important.
What is important is that my own LT4 is waiting faithfully at home for me to get off work.

Larry

I’d give just about anything to have your weather here in Ohio!

B17Crew

6 Shooter said:
1996TRZ516-SpdLT4.jpg

* 1996 LT4/Z51 6-Speed Torch Red/Black in the Smoky Mountains *

That’s a great photo, I have it loaded on my computer here at work. The image comes up in a slide show I have of Corvettes when my machine is idle.

B17Crew

B17Crew said:
I’d give just about anything to have your weather here in Ohio!

I understand, but YOU live so close to Bowling Green!!!! Lucky dawg.

Larry

code5coupe said:
I understand, but YOU live so close to Bowling Green!!!! Lucky dawg.

Larry

That is a plus, we just have to up with these gray skies though.

B17Crew

Great picture 6shooter! It needs to be on a calendar cover!! :beer

I had to take mine out today after repairing a flat tire. What a sweet ride. The sound of the engine is music to my ears. I can hardly wait for March. Will be on the road for good!

Save The Wave! :w

lt4man said:
I had to take mine out today after repairing a flat tire.

I feel your pain! I had to replace my right-rear GS-C on my ’94! One expensive tire to replace, at the time, I think it cost me about $275.00!

Hopefully, yours was just a plug repair.

B17Crew

B17Crew said:
I feel your pain! I had to replace my right-rear GS-C on my ’94! One expensive tire to replace, at the time, I think it cost me about $275.00!

Hopefully, yours was just a plug repair.

B17Crew

Thanks for the condiments! :L

Road Hazard Warranty. Cost me about $19 a tire two years ago. Didn't cost squat, now! :D

I am happy to report ALL four tires hold 30 psi. I am one happy camper!

Save The Wave! :w

B17Crew said:
Happy first decade to LT4s!

It’s now been ten years since they rolled off the assembly line, it’s been a wild ride ever since.

Now, back to the party:beer...

B17Crew

Well said!

By the way B17, I noticed in your Sig you were looking for a 95/96 Vert to keep your 96 company. Curious, seeing as you are looking, how many more $$$ do you (or anyone else who cares to jump in) figure an LT4 Vette sells for in the USA versus a 95 or 96 with the LT1? For that matter, will a 96 Coupe with an LT4 cost almost as much as a 97 C5 Coupe?
Go LT4!
RG

Roadster Guy said:
Curious, seeing as you are looking, how many more $$$ do you (or anyone else who cares to jump in) figure an LT4 Vette sells for in the USA versus a 95 or 96 with the LT1? For that matter, will a 96 Coupe with an LT4 cost almost as much as a 97 C5 Coupe?
Go LT4!
RG

Roadster Guy,
I was looking at pricing info in Corvette Magazines annual C4 Market Update (March 2006 issue, pages 53-58). Below is where Nick Pon and Bob Kroupa place the cars value. It’s a good go-by and helps me figure where these cars are price wise at this time. I’m looking for a Bright Aqua Metallic or Competition Yellow Vert. Tan top on the Aqua with tan interior; on the Comp Yellow, white or black top with grey interior. A needle in a hay stack search.

Below are the figures

Fourth Generation Approximate Values

1995 Roadster
Show-Ready......Good..........Average......Needs TLC
$29,500*...........$23,500.....$18,500.......$10,000

*add $1,500 for auxiliary hardtop

1996 LT4 Roadster (Non GS or CE)
$31,750*..........$25,250.......$20,050......$11,250

1996 LT4 Collectors Edition Roadster
$33,750*...........$28,750.....$24,250.......$14,250

1996 LT4 Coupe and 1997 C5 Coupe numbers

1996 LT4 Coupe Non GS or CE (taken from Corvette Magazine March issue, pages 53-58)
$26,750............$20,500......$16,000.......$8,500

1996 LT4 Coupe Collectors Edition
$30,750............$25,250......$20,150.......$10,250

1997 LS1 Coupe (prices from Corvette Magazine September issue, page 66)
$20,400............$19,200......$16,800.......$15,600

I’m sure there are variables to consider when buying any of these cars. Probably would pay a little more for a fully documented car (maintenance receipts, orig window sticker, etc.) versus one that has not paper work to go along with it. The C5 pricing sounded surprisingly low, but it is all I have to go by at this time.

B17Crew

1996 prices seems to be holding up fairly well.

Interesting B17. Those are fairly detailed color combos you are looking for, but they sound good and there is always the thrill of the hunt to enjoy while you scan the web and the street.

My Corvette Mag has not arrived yet (I think the dogsled teams are on work slowdown), but it appears CM have a pretty detailed report regarding the 96 breakdowns. It looks to me like the 96 Vette is starting to hold its value now as the prices look pretty high .....

The first listing you have is a 95 Roadster...I am suprised that it is not much less than a 96 Roadster with the LT4 (maybe 95's are holding well too), or should 95 read 96 Roadster? If not then, I wonder what price they have for a 96 roadster or coupe with the LT1? That would help to compare against the 96 roadster/coupe with the LT4 you listed? Anyway, against the C5 97 the 96 price looks quite strong. Maybe because even though they did not make that many 97's there are over 200,000 of the C5's around due to their high production numbers after 97 and only just over 20,000 1996 C4's.
So it appears the LT4 offers a bump in price. (And the CE even a bigger bump for some reason). Looking forward to getting the mag to see the whole article. Thanks for posting all the info B17. Only 75 days to spring!
RG

Hi Roadster Guy,
I included the 95 LT1 vert in my previous price guide post for comparison. The ’95 vert is priced close to a ’96 LT4 vert according to the write up. The ’95s were well built C4s. They had many updates in place for squeaks and rattles, they also have the updated vented opti-spark. In ’94, Dave Hill became aggressive in targeting C4 quality issues, so the ’95 benefited from his campaign as did the ’96.

I sure am being specific as far as color combos, it’s been about a year now that I’ve been searching for one of these beauties. I have CAC forum member and vendor, JAGSFAN (works at Bob McDormans) keeping and eye out for me should anybody trade one in.

I was surprised to see the C5s listed as low as they were. The article from Corvette Magazines September, 2005 C5 Market Update (pages 65-68), lists C5s losing 10-15% annually. If you have a Collectors Edition, Grand Sport, coupe or convertible, pop open a bottle of wine and celebrate. They are depreciating at no more than 2% a year at this time. Grand Sport coupes are listed as being +4% this year.

Here are the numbers for ’95 LT1 to 96 LT1s for comparison.

Fourth Generation Approximate Values

1995 LT1 Coupe
$25,000............$20,500.....$15,500.......$8,000

1995 LT1 Roadster
$29,500*...........$23,500.....$18,500.......$10,000

1996 LT1 Coupe (Non GS or CE)
$26,000...........$20,500.......$16,000......$8,500

1996 LT1 Roadster (Non GS or CE)
$31,000*..........$24,500.......$19,300......$10,500

1996 LT1 Coupe Collectors Edition
$30,000...........$24,500.......$19,400......$9,500

1996 LT1 Collectors Edition Roadster
$33,000............$28,000.....$23,500.......$13,500

You’ll enjoy your March issue of CM when it arrives, it’s has good articles to dive into.

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom