Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

12 CD Changer

Chick B.

Corvette
1998, coupe, white
Ok, so I have a 1998 coupe with a 12 CD changer. Purchased my Corvette last October. Finally got around to loading the CD changer the other day and can't locate any button to change discs. The manual calls for pushing the PROG (2) button. However, the (2) button is the Random button in my Vette. And, there is no PROG button that we can find. Will check with the dealer when time permits but hoping I can get a good response here. Anyone know the answer? BTW: later in the manual it discusses the (5) button. Nothing printed on the (5) button but nothing happens when I push it either.

A closer examination of the 1998 Owner's Manual (pp. 3-23 & 3-24) indicates that if your head unit is equipped with the cassette player, and you're operating the CD changer, button (2) selects the next disk in the changer magazine; if your head unit is equipped with a CD player, button (5) selects the next disk in the changer magazine. It sounds like your head unit has the CD player, since you say your button (2) is labeled for the random (RDM) feature, so you should use button (5) to advance to the next disk in the changer magazine.

Now, if yours does not do that (advance to the next disk in the magazine when you push button [5] while the CD changer is operating and playing a disk), you may have another issue...

Hey, timfitz63.............right you are and that's what I was afraid of. The #2 button does have the RDM on it. And, we have tried the #5 button exactly as the manual states. Nothing changes. Looks I need to look into getting it fixed. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Hey, timfitz63.............right you are and that's what I was afraid of. The #2 button does have the RDM on it. And, we have tried the #5 button exactly as the manual states. Nothing changes. Looks I need to look into getting it fixed. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

No worries! Sorry it wasn't an easy fix. Odd that the CD changer operates correctly otherwise... At least that's what I take from your initial post.

A stab in the dark here, but does the (5) button work properly? For example, can you program a radio station preset to it, then recall that preset by pushing that button?

CD Changer

Check to make sure your CD's are loaded correctly. It's really easy to load them upside down. Do you get an error message in the window?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom