Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

13,000 Mile 2 Month Road Trip in VetteVert...

motordavid

Corvette
2002 VetteVert Z51 QwkAg
The CEO & I did a long Road Trip this summer:
33 states, 4 provinces of CDA, 12 National Parks, a half dozen state parks, thousands of miles of fabulous 2 lane black top roads, an Alaska cruise in the middle, and we had a wonderful time!

We have done many week+ long trips before in the Vette, and we have done 5 cross country trips, and several regional trips on a m'cycle, but it was great to have the Vette's nose pointing down the highways and two lanes.

Our '02 Vert, (had it since new), ran like a top with only 1 minor glitch of the HVAC blower motor going out; got that fixed in an hour at Fitchner Chevy near Billings, MT. Our overall mpg was almost 28 mpg, the car was loaded to the gunwales, and many miles were covered at considerable speeds. ;)

The CEO drove more than half of the miles and most of the great roads, so I could shoot pics. She grabbed gears and carved corners as well as anyone...the motels got old, the daily unpack/pack become routine, and 3 hots a day at the 'restaurant' wears thin. But, we saw some amazing sights, drove some extraordinary roads, met some good people, and enjoyed every day. I highly rec'd dragging your Vette outta the garage and seeing what this country has to offer. A couple of pics attached, and our Road Trip Pics via the Flickr link(s).

Was not certain if this was 'the forum' to post this in...Thanks for looking!
Best Regards, mD

Rt 168, west out of NV into CA...

CarPicRt168Calif6-3-11LRsS.jpg

'Top of the World', Summit of Beartooth Pass Road, Wyoming:

6063157500_c6b202dcb0_z.jpg

Mtns in the Mirror, hammering Rt 550, Ouray to Durango, CO:
5999521554_47c98b71bd_z.jpg

Famous Rt 163 into Monument Valley Utah:
6022225833_15eaceb881_z.jpg

Road Trip Flickr Link:
Road Trip... - a set on Flickr

Road Trip Road Shots, many taken literally from the car, at speed, Flickr Link:
Road Trip Road Pics & Car Shots... - a set on Flickr

13,000 miles in 2 months :eek now that is a Road Trip :Steer

Old enough to know better but too young to resist ;) Thanks for the GREAT Highway and Landscapes, I can visualize that silver bullet carving up those roads :dance

Bud

The General Corvette Forum is great - particularly for sharing a story and photos from a "see the USA in your Corvette by Chevrolet" thread!!

Sounds like an awesome trip and we appreciate the photos. Nice ones, by the way. :thumb

Welcome to the :CAC - to you and the CEO!

:wJane Ann

Thanks for sharing! I hope that one day my wife and I get the chance to do a similar trip. :thumb

An adventure like this is something I've always wanted to do. This great country of ours has SO much diverse scenery to offer!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom