Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1953 Corvette F/S on E-bay

Mike Terry

Corvette
63 SWC and 67 Coupe F/S 54 Corvette NFS
Below you will find a link to a 1953 Corvette on e-bay. The person from New Palestine, Indiana claims it is Vin # 98 and this e-bay posting is from the same guy who claimed to have the original 1953 Corvette # 29 that know one knew anything about till last January when the real 1953 Corvette Vin # 29 showed up and was on display in FL. at the NCRS Winter Meet. You be the JUDGE.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

"THIS CAR WILL BE SOLD, THIS ISN"T A LISTING TO SEE WHAT THE VALUE IS, I'M GETTING OUT OF THE HOBBY AND SELLING OFF SOME OF THE ACCUMULATION I HAVE."

Gee, why on earth would he be getting out of the hobby? :boogie

He tryed to pull some BS in the past with 1953 Corvette # 29 what makes you think he is on the up and up now??;shrug;shrug;shrug

If he were getting out of the hobby he would be selling "all" his collection.
Unless he is going to drive some as daily drivers.
It would be like saying I am getting out of the stamp collection - and then sell some not all.
:w

Come to find out he is still buying parts etc. under a different sign on name. He is not getting out, he is looking to rip someone off.

Come to find out he is still buying parts etc. under a different sign on name. He is not getting out, he is looking to rip someone off.

Oh, gee! :eek

What a surprise!

OK I couldn't resist:

Dear corvette019530,

Could you post a picture of the serial number plate?

- acar97

Chevrolet : CorvetteItem Id:110530374609End time:May-15-10 16:10:30 PDTBuyer:acar97 (53
iconBlueStar_25x25.gif
)
100.0% Positive FeedbackMember since Jul-01-00 in United StatesLocation: FL, United StatesListing Status:This message was sent while the listing was active.

He pulled the car off of e-bay just hours before the time was up. That is what he is, just a fake. He sure had some of the people on a different Corvette site fooled. The guy is full of BS, good person to stay clear of.

Well, howzabout that! I did get two replies to my question:

The first:

ebay_95x39.gif
eBay sent this message to William Herron (acar97).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

ltCurve.gif
Seller has responded to your question about this item
rtCurve.gif
iconAlert_32x32.gif
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear acar97,

yes, but car has been sold

- corvette019530
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.
s.gif

To: corvette019530
Subject: acar97 has sent a question about item #110530374609, ending on May-15-10 16:10:30 PDT - Chevrolet : Corvette
Sent Date: May-13-10 21:15:24 PDT

Dear corvette019530,

- acar97

Chevrolet : CorvetteItem Id:110530374609End time:May-15-10 16:10:30 PDTSeller:corvette019530 (0)0.0% Positive FeedbackMember since May-08-10 in United StatesLocation: IN, United StatesListing Status:This message was sent while the listing was active.

and the second:

ebay_95x39.gif
eBay sent this message to William Herron (acar97).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

ltCurve.gif
Seller has responded to your question about this item
rtCurve.gif
iconAlert_32x32.gif
Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear acar97,

No, but the car is now sold, it is not wise to post vin tags

- corvette019530
Did this answer your question? If not, let the seller know.
s.gif

To: corvette019530
Subject: acar97 has sent a question about item #110530374609, ending on May-15-10 16:10:30 PDT - Chevrolet : Corvette
Sent Date: May-13-10 21:06:44 PDT

Dear corvette019530,

- acar97

Chevrolet : CorvetteItem Id:110530374609End time:May-15-10 16:10:30 PDTSeller:corvette019530 (0)0.0% Positive FeedbackMember since May-08-10 in United StatesLocation: IN, United StatesListing Status:This message was sent while the listing was active.

So, lessee if I got this right: yes, but no, but the car is sold, but it was removed before the listing expired. :W

BTW, that other forum has had enough of this already (again!).

He said he got $140K for it from a guy in PA. somewhere. What do you think? A 53 vette selling from a guy who got caught trying to say he owned 1953 Corvette # 029 and when he got caught he never answers anyones questions and never gets back on the other Vette Forum site. Now he unemployeed, cut off his cell and house phones. Now do you think he really sold it with NO ENGINE plus other things wrong with it for $140K, do you?:boogie:boogie:boogie

Well, howzabout that! I did get two replies to my question:

I strongly suspect that any chance you had of a real answer from him was eliminated the moment you posted on both forums that you had sent a question. Did you really think he wasn't monitoring both forums? You don't need an account to look...

Just a thought. Sometimes its better to get the info BEFORE posting about it!

Sorry Bill but you have zero future in undercover work! :D

VV

If he is in fact the same guy, not to worry - he'll be back. :w

He is the same guy that said he owned # 029 - 1953 Corvette and all he had was a Vin tag that he made and no car and the Vin tag was not all that good. Anyone who know what a 53 Vin tag really looks like could tell that it was a FAKE.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom