Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1960 F.I. at Local Estate Auction

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
ry%3D400

I just got home from a 2 Corvette estate auction this morning. This is a 1960 2 owner Tasco Turquoise with turquoise interior redone in pleats and metalflake vinyl in the '60s. It has 52,000 original miles and was purchased from the original owner by the deceased in 1967. It was a very well known drag car locally and I had wondered over the years if Bob still had it.

The car was an original 290 hp Fuely but that is all gone. Around 1968-69 he went totally drag car with it. There is a Dana 60 rear end on the stock springs with traction bars and the frame and body are uncut and very nice. The custom interior is also in very nice condition. It had one repaint in the '60s that is still very nice. I wouldn't repaint it. The engine and trans, original rear end and all F.I. components are long gone. The stuff in the trunk is all drag race parts.

In 1971 Bob built a Camaro drag car to replace the Vette on the strip and the '60 was put away in a heated garage where it has remained until now. There was a good turnout of bidders but the 2 money guys were Dan Shaffer and, of course, Terry.

I called it at upper 20s to $30,000. tops before the bidding started and it sold for $27,750.00 to Pro-Team. I would have liked to had it just to preserve a piece of local history.

Tom

ry%3D400

Nice car, I'm with you on keeping the car for the history. Ace

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom