Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1960 Trunk Mat

60vettesdr

Corvette
1960 Tasco Turquois Survivor
I'm looking for an original or high quality reproduction trunk mat for a turquois corvette. It is vin number 8026 and all of the ones I see are for vin number 4800 or less or a power roof. Any help finding the mat or a dealer who may have one would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Hey, our corvettes were build very close to each other. Mine is #8061 and I will need a frost blue trunk mat for same late production. I hope they decide to make them someday!

Greg
60fuelie:beer

That's pretty cool. As far as I can tell no one makes one and no one has seen one for 15 years. I don't know why this should be such a hassle but I sure wish I could get my hands on one. What kind of shape is your car in? Mine's very original and this would be one of the last items I would need. Oh well.

My 1960 corvette is a project! Last year the bodywork was pretty much finished. Right now I am redoing alot of it's pieces. Just got back the generator, starter and regulator from Pirkle a few months ago. Hope to do the suspension this year and finish up in late 2007 or early 2008. The NCRS has their national convention in St. Louis in 2008 and would like to take it there since it is only about 9 hours away for me. Time will tell!!!!!!

Greg
60fuelie:w

That sounds great. Hope the work goes well. I am just getting mine back from the body shop where it was repainted due to an alectrical fire caused by a coil shorting out. At this time it has to go back to mechanic to have the wiper motor and washer system installed and a few odds and ends done. I have no talent for the mechanical aspects of the car so most of the major stuff I have to send out. How long have you owned the car? What kind of shape was it in when you got it? Would love to see some pictures when the job is done.

Scottt

I bought my 60 corvette about seven years ago. It was completely apart. Owner had purchased it after a fuel injection fire occurred in 1973. He had gathered parts to fix it, but never did. I bought it and spent the first couple years finding the parts needed to fix the injection unit etc. Now I have most everything I need, just need to build it now! Went on a road trip last fall to Illinois and Michigan to pick up quite a few parts (new glass from OEM, Paragon, Corvette Central, Hood in Detroit etc.) Hope to go to Bloomington in June to pick up on a few more pieces and watch the certification again.
Good luck with your corvette! I would love to see your corvette too! I don't know how to load pictures on here, but can email.

Greg

gregm@cashwa.com
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom