Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 Corvette Dash Pad in Pittsburgh Area

VetteFreak101

Corvette
1961 Corvette, 1989 Corvette
Does anyone know of someone in the Pittsburgh area that can install a dash pad on a 1961 Corvette? Potentially come to my home to do so? Just wanted to get some feelers out. Struggling to find anyone who will touch this job.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking I will do it myself the more I read into it. Plus I cannot find any shops that other individuals recommend in the area. I will give him a call this evening. Also....has anyone bought the Al Knoch DVD to use for their installation. Is it worth the 83 dollars?

Thanks again,
Doug

While you're at it....

There are numerous threads and resources out there regarding the subject on this and other forums, so it behooves you to get knowledgeable about the process. Some vendors probably have some online videos on subject as well. Having said that:
1. You can probably borrow the video from another solid axle owner.
2. Seeing how you are going to have to remove the windshield and instrument cluster, you might as well:

A. replace windshield weatherstripping and even glass if needed. Upgrade windshield post tabs as original design sucks, breaks very easy!
B. Have gauges restored
C. Great time to rewire if you have original wiring

3. Get with SACC and/or MASACC people. There are about 80 SACC members in PA and many of these are very knowledgeable about these cars. :beer

There are numerous threads and resources out there regarding the subject on this and other forums, so it behooves you to get knowledgeable about the process. Some vendors probably have some online videos on subject as well. Having said that:
1. You can probably borrow the video from another solid axle owner.
2. Seeing how you are going to have to remove the windshield and instrument cluster, you might as well:

A. replace windshield weatherstripping and even glass if needed. Upgrade windshield post tabs as original design sucks, breaks very easy!
B. Have gauges restored
C. Great time to rewire if you have original wiring

3. Get with SACC and/or MASACC people. There are about 80 SACC members in PA and many of these are very knowledgeable about these cars. :beer

Have A, B and C done. Doing a complete resto on the car and been sending that all away since it came back from paint. Got all the parts ready for install now (minus the dash of course). Thanks for the info!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom