Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 Corvette Door Strikers

VetteFreak101

Corvette
1961 Corvette, 1989 Corvette
I have been searching for NOS door strikers for my 1961 Corvette because I sent them out for plating and they returned melted. Now here is the issue that I am having. I have seen strikers listed for 1956-1962 in certain places. In others, it mentions that from 1956 to 1961 that was the case, but there was a design change in 1961 that made the 1961-1962 Corvettes different. Can anyone explain the difference or possibly give me a part number to search for them? My 1961 has a late July build date if that information is needed.

Thank you!
Doug

Could you tell me what the part number is for the first design from your 1972 parts manual. I am trying to compare the differences between the early and later model door strikers and have been finding that the part numbers you gave me are also listed for earlier model Chevrolet's as well. I want to make doubly sure that I get the right ones.

Thanks,
Doug

Could you tell me what the part number is for the first design from your 1972 parts manual. I am trying to compare the differences between the early and later model door strikers and have been finding that the part numbers you gave me are also listed for earlier model Chevrolet's as well. I want to make doubly sure that I get the right ones.

Thanks,
Doug

I wish I'd double-checked the numbers! The numbers I gave you are for the 1st design. The part numbers for the 2nd design are 4802790 (RH) and 4802791 (LH). Sorry for the screw-up!

I wish I'd double-checked the numbers! The numbers I gave you are for the 1st design. The part numbers for the 2nd design are 4802790 (RH) and 4802791 (LH). Sorry for the screw-up!

Thank you. I was kinda wondering why it would come up for 56-61 Vette's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom