Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1961 True barn car for sale...

A

andy60

Hi,

True barn find, sitting for over 20 years! I am listing this here if no response then it will go on eBay. Car is located in Centerville Virginia.

I just looked at a 1961 old street racer. It is running a 1963 Corvette 327 engine, side pipes, auto trans flairs all of the way around, hard top, convertible top, C1 Big block hood, functional rollbar. Most everything is there except orig motor. It needs everything. The vin tag is in place, frame looks super nice with no rust at all. I am betting with work to the master cyl and new wheel cyls it would drive.

The scoop: The owner has had a couple heart attacks and can do no more work on the car. He is an old body shop guy who was super in his day. He wants to sell the car to pay his bills. I am building my weekend home and do not have the money or it would be in my garage. It is covered in 1/4" of bodyshop dust and is super hard to get to with stuff covering and stacked up on it with boxs stuffed inside. He has all of the chrome, looks good. No trunk mat, jack, wonderbar or hub caps. He does not know what a computer is so and I am going to help him sell it.
Contact me if you are interested, the price is $18,000.

This would make a great vintage street racer. I can be contacted at awilco@hotmail.com

what is a C1 big block hood????

Hi First,

A big block C1 hood is a made-up combo if the 2 hoods. It is done nice, not my cup of tea but it does go with the flairs . Many were done back in the day...

Have fun!
Andy

http://www.geocities.com/andyww2/index.html

The place I have hosting the pics has a bandwidth limit so be paitent and try back if you are denied. I caution they are ugly... this car is in a dusty and dark hole. I found cars in weard places and this ranks up there...

Andy

I remember a lot of cars done like that back in the '70s. What a great period piece it could be. Not a bad price by today's standards either but like you, my garage is full.

How far is it from Waynesboro, VA? Waynesboro about 8 miles east of Staunton, VA.

it is in Manassas owners name is Kenney 703-361-4665. He is stuck on $18,000 best of luck with the car

So, what ever happened? ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom