Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1962 dash insert

DUDLEY

Corvette
1962, ROMAN RED, FUEL INJECTED
anyone out there know the trick or skill level needed to assemble the dash insert for the 1962? My housing is restored and perfect, i have new parts, the insert, ss moldings and bars. Does assembly require a special tool? The insert is extreemly fragil and i don't want to damage it.

Not to hard

The hard part for me was getting it apart without damageing the SS moldings but you are past that point. There are no special tools needed, just take your time. Make sure you have the insert center where you want it and install the lower molding, than the top molding. I used about a 1" long bead of JB weld equality spaced at 4 locations on the top and bottom SS molding. I do not have the link but corvette central has a video showing how they do it, good luck.

As you said - it is very fragile. Don't use any tools or even be careful with your knuckles, very easy to dent.

Good luck. :w

the hard part for me was getting it apart without damageing the ss moldings but you are past that point. There are no special tools needed, just take your time. Make sure you have the insert center where you want it and install the lower molding, than the top molding. I used about a 1" long bead of jb weld equality spaced at 4 locations on the top and bottom ss molding. I do not have the link but corvette central has a video showing how they do it, good luck.

Thanks, I have that done now, and the insert in place. I do have another problem. As I assembled the windshield frame the very last step is to install the upper molding and insert the side pillars in each side. My molding is spread at each end a bit and neither side will fit. There is an open gap at each end that won't allow the molding to snap in place. It must fit correctly before it's installed on the car. Any thoughts?

IMG_6497.jpg

I know there are some guys on here that have done these before. I'm surprised nobody has jumped in here yet. Take a read through this thread.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom