Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1962 Steering Wheel Finish

R

redonred

I have looked at both reproduction and restoration steering wheels for my car and noticed the ones I found to have a pebbled finish to them. My original wheel is smooth with no trace of pebbling. So, am I finding wheels that are for a range of cars, one or more of which requires a pebbled finish? Help!

redonred said:
I have looked at both reproduction and restoration steering wheels for my car and noticed the ones I found to have a pebbled finish to them. My original wheel is smooth with no trace of pebbling. So, am I finding wheels that are for a range of cars, one or more of which requires a pebbled finish? Help!

My March car is completely smooth as well. Keep in mind this is an observation and not a definative answer

The originals had a pebble grain finish.. Not smooth...

Regards, Jerry..

Jerry is correct. They had a textured finish and a visible seam from the mold on the inner and outer circumfrence of the wheel. Years of hands sliding across the wheel have worn it smooth. There are several good vendors who will return it to the original look.

Regards, John McGraw

Thanks guys. I thought it was pebble finished, but I've seen sooo many that are smooth.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom