Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 Soft Top delete??

djk1566

Corvette
1963 Convertible, 1969 Lemans Blue Coupe, 1970 LS5
I just purchased a 1963 hard top convertible and has anyone ever heard of a "soft top delete"? The car was purchased from the second owner and he kept mentioning this. I'm really not familiar with c-2's and have owned numerous c-3's. I do have the build sheet and window sticker, it says nothing about that a delted soft top. It was however one of the very 1st 63's produced. Would that matter? There is not any indication when looking in the back that there ever was one. Any info would help.

Thanks

I believe the new buyer could order a 'vert with soft top only, hard top only, or both tops. Someone will clarify for us.

Welcome to the :CAC

The 63' sold 5,739 aux. hardtops (RPO C07). When ordered with a soft top they cost $236.75. But, of the 5,739 a total of 1099 were hardtops only at no charge. There was no RPO, or credit, for soft top delete. :w

Thanks

This car is going to get a full frame off and I wanted to make sure. Thanks for your fast response.

I do have the build sheet and window sticker

Build sheet? Really? Post a pic.

Will do. I'm out of town this week for work but will scan or take a pic and post for you to see.

This is what I have been told

Over the years, there have been many interpretations as to how the top issue was resolved, when a Corvette purchase was made. As far as I know, when the customer ordered a convertible, the first little box that need to be checked, was his first choice in tops. Regardless of the initial top he chose, it was included in his regular purchase price.

If he wished to have an additional top, weather it was a soft, or hard top, he would then be charged for the second top, at what ever was the current price on the order form. This is how the sales were made.

Stepinwolf

Thanks for the response.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom