Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1966 seat backs

VETTE1966

Corvette
1966 white convertible
Hi to all and happy turkey day

I have a question on seat backs. I have a 1966 convertible 327 / 300--black interior. My current seat backs are really beat up and I'm replacing them. They have a somewhat shiny smooth hard plastic look to them. The replacements I bought have a more textured not-shiny hard plastic look to them.
My question>> were there differences in these seat backs for the 1965--67 seats? Were some smooth and others not? and more specific, what's correct for 1966? This and any other related comments welcome, Thanks for your help.

My seat backs are alleged to be original and they are shiny.

The reproductions are not exactly like the originals even though GM Restoration parts has licensed them. The repro seat backs were being made by corvette america. I am not sure who is making them now. The texture is different than the originals. Just for curiosity, where did you purchase them ???

Backs

The new seat backs I bought are white for the white interior and have a grain texture. They are not shiny, but that seems correct as the leather seats are not shiny eiither. The old ones were black and were shiny since they had been repainted to match the then black upholstery.

Sorry for my late reply---I bought the seat backs from Corvette Central who, I was told, buys them from Corvette America. I talked to CA and they said they thought there were texture differences in the seat backs originally and 1965--67 were textured. I'm not so sure of that now as based on what I'm hearing, I'm thinking the originals were shiny---probably for all colors-- and the repros are now textured---no choice. If anyone thinks otherwise, please let me know. thanks for your reply.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom