Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1967 Corvette Stingray factory built small block car built with big block hood

Yes, my 64 is an AO Smith built coupe, final assembly was the last day of production on July 21, 1964. I have an odd mix of options L76 C60 N11 M20 T86 J50 J65 U69 G81 P92 which make the care some what rare. My dad worked for Rochester Products starting in 1939 finally retiring in 1986. He was on the team assigned to the Fuel Injection project in 1956 and then he was on the Tuned Port Injection team right before he retired. If he was still around I would have bought a fuelie as I could have leaned on him hot keeping it running correctly. I'm caught up in the details of these cars, I'm amazed at how documented they are.

Amazing story, especially the story on (Rochester Ram Jet Fuel Injection)
I'm on my sixth Corvette, but never owner C2 with Fuel Injection.
Your 1964 with option C60 & N11 is rare. My 1967 Corvette had N11 option also.
On the bottom of each muffler it was stenciled in yellow "OFF ROAD ASSY" each muffler had three baffles in lieu of five for the standard mufflers and the supplier to St Louis was Arvin for N11.
I have worked in plants that built some of GM's hottest cars and before retiring spent many years on Corvette from the GM Technical Center/Bowling Green Assembly.
Back in the sixties plants I worked in built Chevrolet 2DR base model 409's with bench seats and four on the four. GTO'S/GTO Judges, L89 Chevelle's
In Framingham Massachusetts we built about two L89's per month. These L89 Chevelles had M22 Muncie's, 4:10.1 posi axles and chambered exhaust. The chambered exhaust was option NC8 and the cost for the system was $15.80 back in the day. The M22 was $237.00 and the L78/L89 was astronomical in price.
I had good life at GM. 39 years and eight months.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom