Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 Factory Shop Order Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
I just finished reading the second part of Bob Radke's article in the NCRS Corvette Restorer magazine about how he acquired his special 1967 Factory Shop Order Corvette that was originally ordered by Bob Wingate.

What an awesome article and excellent source of historical documentation on these rare Corvettes.

For those of you that don't know, Bob is also a member here at the Corvette Action Center. Username - 67FSO.

Bob ended his article with a few questions that I think are worth sharing here:

1. What was the mechanism and paperwork trail for building an FSO car, and who was involved?
  2. Whom did Joe Pike contact to have these cars built?
  3. What does the COPO/F&SO number on the tank sticker relate to?
  4. How did Bob Wingate get such detailed updates on my 1967 car as it was being assembled, and who was overseeing it?
  5. Joe Pike said that he did not build any other special cars like he had done for Bob Wingate, but were there other Chevrolet executives who used this FSO mechanism to have one-off cars built?
    [/list=1]
    If you get the chance, read through Bob's article. It's definitely worth it!

Rob -

The guy who can answer those questions is Jim Mattison, who I've known for many years; Jim worked in the F&SO Group at Chevrolet when I was there, and is better known since he retired from Chevrolet as the President/CEO/Owner of Pontiac Historic Services and the Automotive Service Coroporation. I've already e-mailed Bob and offered to put him in touch with Jim.
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom