Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 sb with factory installed bb hood

KTM

Corvette
1967 Convertible
In Noland Adams book there was story of problems at factory with std sb hood and for some time they installed bb hoods for all Corvettes. I dont remember but was it March of 1967? Maybe so, but does anyone here own or have pictures of one of these cars. I have never seen one and it would be nice to see real thing.

Just look at any small block Corvette with a big block hood. There are lots of them to choose from. ;LOL;)

Just look at any small block Corvette with a big block hood. There are lots of them to choose from. ;LOL;)

Yes this was funny :chuckle

Actually I am interested to see factory correct car. I think there is no stinger stripe and no engine size numbers. All which I have found have at least stinger stripe.

Never happened - it's an "internet legend". None of the ones claimed to have been built that way were built anywhere near the time the book alleges that it occurred, and none have ever been documented in any way.

:beer

The rumor was floating around before Nolands book came out. At one time it was considered to be fact. My '67 coupe had a bb hood :D

I have no reason to NOT believe in the story

Back in the 80's on my paper route, I had a customer with a dark green 1967 Corvette Convertible. It was an original looking car with a small block engine and a big-block hood.

Asking the guy about it, he said the mold to the hoods was not useable and that for a period, big-block (stinger) hoods went on. I do not recall stripes or an emblem on the side. He moved and now lives about 10 minutes from me - if I ever run into him again, I can ask, but...

Just look at all the factory L88`s owners that cancled the engine but not until the hood was installed. Or was it that they over estimated the orders and had to use them up. :L

And today this was at Ebay

6aba_1.JPG

8027_1.JPG

No stripe, no numbers etc. Fake or not but it looks nice without stinger stripe. Ok ´63 hub caps are not so nice in this car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom