Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1967 wipers shut off in clockwise position instead of in the CC position as they should??

From my "off" position (which is full clockwise), if I turn them one click positon CC they go on slow - to the next CC position they go on fast. All the plug in's can go in only one way so anyone know what is wrong? Thanks

I'd check the terminals on the switch for contact and continuity between terminals in each position, and see if that matches up with the wire colors in the connector. The wiper motor works based on the (grounded) switch grounding different wires for different speeds - only the motor sees 12V power.

For Low speed, the yellow and light blue wires are both grounded to the switch body.

For High speed, only the light blue wire is grounded to the switch body.

For "Off", none of the wires are grounded.

For Washers, the dark blue wire is grounded to the switch body.

The switch must be installed in the cluster and both the cluster and the wiper motor must be grounded for either the wipers or the washers to work.

:beer

John, Thanks for the reply. I will get into this again as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer. It's about 25 today and that's too cold for this old man:L.
Regards, Fred

ps. at least they are working now after I took the motor off and cleaned the old lube out and relubbed it- before they never shut off then they quit entirely:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom