Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1968 windshield wipers

sunger

Corvette
1968 427 convertable
The wipers are not working, and I know there is a way to bypass the system and open it, but what is it? How can I access my wipers if I can't open with my dash turn on? There is a short piece of curved metal that bends around the corner from the wiper door to the drivers door that I need to realign and tighten, but I can't open the wiper door to get to the screw holding it. I can post a picture if necessary.
Thanks
Steve

Do you have the owner's manual? There's a bypass switch arrangement below the steering column for opening the panel independently of the wiper switch. :)

Do you have the owner's manual? There's a bypass switch arrangement below the steering column for opening the panel independently of the wiper switch. :)

I do not have a manual, but I will look for the switch right now. Thanks.

Just open the wiper door manually by hand by pulling at the actuator rod.

The bypassvalve is located under the steering column, there are two valves one for the headlights, the other one for the wiper door. You will not damage anything by pulling the actuator rod, that is the same operation as the actuator does.

here is a pict of the bypassvalves:

bypassvalves.jpg

Wiper door and headlight doors open and close by vacuum. Engine off. Open the hood, remove the plug from the end of the vacuum can on the cowl, remove one of the vacuum lines, then push on the plunger through the end of the can.
69L71.jpg

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom