Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1969 spedo bulb replacement

1969stingray

Corvette
1969 stingray convert
Hi I am new to the corvette owners group.  I recently purchased a 1969 stingray.  I have purchased the owners manual and chilton repair manual.  Neither of them explains how to replace the bulbs in the spedo.  I have a light out for the left directional.  Do I need to pull the dash to get behind the spedo or can I replace them from the front.  Help.  Ron

Hi and Welcome to the CAC.

Replacement of the bulbs are a PITA. I pulled the dash, and while I was under there, I replaced all of the bulbs. Don't want to do that again for a while. If you do it with the dash in, put some ben gay on the back first. Royal pain.

Good luck

Cheers

Vito

I was hoping you were going to tell me it was an easy job, go figure. I think I will wait until winter to tackle this.

Changing Bulbs

I was hoping you were going to tell me it was an easy job, go figure. I think I will wait until winter to tackle this.

It takes me several hours to change the bulbs. You'll have to drop your steering column down and remove the steering wheel. Then remove the screws from the left side of the gauge bezel and all of the screws surrounding the speedometer/tachometer dash panel. Then you can pull the panel out and replace ALL the bulbs at one time. Never replace just the blown bulb as the others are just as old and likely to blow any time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom