Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1970 Corvette for Sale

G

gfharn

1970 454 - 4 speed convertible project car. Car needs complete restoration. I had the engine rebuilt
in 2000 and a new radiator and gas tank installed. I started a shop restoration 3 years ago, had to replace the pax door - could not find a convertible door, used a coupe door - they are different. I have been told that the following must be done: the frame needs to be replaced. I have also been told that
the 454 engine and 4 speed transmission (both correct for a 1970 vette) have been put into a car that had
an automatic transmission because the frame on my car is an automatic transmission frame - not a manual transmission frame. One man who looked at the car said he thinks the VIN stamp on the engine
block is not factory original - yet the VIN number does match the VIN on the w/s post. He said the car
is not original and the "numbers" do not match - he wanted to buy the car for a very low amount.
Things the car does need: new top and some work on the top frame, w/s washers don't work, headlight frames need work. Bumpers needs replaced or re-chromed. Some body work required. Passenger door for a convertible must be installed. Radio antenna broken off. Radio connection to right speaker not working. Entire interior must be replaced.

I will sell the car for the best offer - gfharn@bellsouth.net.

Attachments

• vette 2.jpg
    vette 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 98
  • vette 8.jpg
    vette 8.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 104
  • vette 14.jpg
    vette 14.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 100
  • vette 16.jpg
    vette 16.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 102
First off, Welcome to CAC. I think that you'll find quite a few very knowledgeable people here who might be able to help you figure out those issues. Sounds like your prospective buyer was looking (manufacturing) for things to bring your price way down. Hopefully people here will be able to help you with those questions and give you definitive answers which will help you when these people come to you to look at the car.

You don't have to post a price here, but you might get more response if you do. Good luck with the sale.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom