Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1971 big block on the edge

manager16150

I just bought this car from the org. owner and I think it is all there and org..
It is a 71 conv. with 4 speed,air,power windows,delux int.,45,000 miles,hub caps.

Now the bad it was sitting outside in PA weather for about 10yrs so needless to say the frame is gone to rust and can not be repaired also there are many smaller problems with rust and weather exposer over the years.

Just looking for opions as to if the car should be (or could be) brought back to life or is it time for it to become a donor (parts car).

Hard to say without a series of photos to look at, including frame photos.

:)

you can buy a new frame.I'd restore it if possible.All it really needs is $$$$$$$$$$

"Hard to say without a series of photos to look at, including frame photos."

I agree completely with the above two statements. Since 71 convertible with 454, 4 speed and AC, it is probably worth restoring--even if a new frame is needed. I am certain someone out there is willing to do it. Time and money can fix anything! :beer

used frames are readily available for this car from a multitude of places. corvettes at carlisle being one of them since your in pa. bring cash and a trailer.

You have to decide if the time and money is worth it to you? It's a big job but anything is possible.

Back in '78 my buddy bought a 71 454-365, vert with black vinyl hdtp, A/C. PS,PB 4 spd, leather, am-fm sterio, leather, and T&T It was forest green over saddle and he offered it to me at the time for $6,000 with 70k miles on the clock and new paint! He wanted a HD Sporster!;shrug I passed - what a mistake.

If you like it and plan on "marrying" it go for it, otherwise keep on looking. You can find a turn key car that you can be driving instead of wrenching on this summer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom