Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1972 colors

Wayne robson

Corvette
sold my last corvette.
Could others with more knowledge than me ,help , how many black corvettes were built in 1972,
the only thing i have found in my 2011 black book is no black is listed,but it does say is that paint quantities
do not add to total production because additional units had non standard paint, including special colors and primer
paint override,my reason a person here in Australia has one such corvette and he says it was black from new
many thanks.:)

:w Wayne,

The first thing I would do is LOOK at the Trim Tag and see what it has to offer.. ;) If it was a non-standard paint it should indicate that.

On the L81VetteRegistry we documented ONE "PRIMER" factory 1981 Corvette. It was dealer painted in Arizona. We varified this Trim Tag and it is recorded in Mike Antonick's CORVETTE BLACK BOOK.

:w
Bud

colors

Thankyou Huskerman and Bud, the problem is it was at a show here last sunday and i did not check
his tag,so will try and find out,but may not be able to do it for a while ,as i am going to europe France
for 12 days tomorrow,all i do know is he purchased and shipped it here 2004,thankyou.

Black corvette

Hi all ,just found out corvette was painted 12 years ago in US,and he was told the painter
lost the trim tag,so i do not believe his story,thankyou.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom