Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1972 corvette coupe for sale project/driver

D

denny's72

Mille maglia red
Powertrain is original. Eng rebuilt about 5000 miles on rebuild. 350ci
Clutch was replaced with a haynes, Flywheel has been machined. New fuel pump.
4spd man. PS,PB
Luggage rack
Bought it to restore, but going through a seperation and can't afford to keep it.
I think pass. side headlight does not want to come up, unless done manually.
Vacuum sys does work, wiper door opens and closes, windshield wipers I think I might have disconnected due to a short to ground and was getting zapped.
Oil press gauge works, Temp works but I don't think its correct. Tach works, speedometer, odometer which reads i think somewhere in the ball park of 82000+, rebuild was done at 78500. The rest I don't believe work. Also radio was not original and did not work because the oil press line to the gaufe was slowly leaking into the radio. so to fix it I removed it and tightened the line, and trashed it, it had oil all over it.
There is surface rust, and was "told" that frame was straight as an arrow.
Needs chrome
Needs a paint job
Pretty sure its going to need to have the rubbers(as in front and rear end stuff ) changed out don't think it has been done. Tires are good to go I put new ones on the front.
Has a hole through the hood about the size of a wing nut. Knuckle head before me put I believe an edelbrocke torker intake man./ carb and slam the hood. The hood is the big block hood.
I actually put new carpet in and it rain/sun died it red was black everything else interior wise is in good shape for its age. There is a leak in the t-tops some where (weatherstipping needs to be done to). Wish I could have gotten around to find it. Needs new carpet. The compartment doors were junk previous owner put speakers in them so I trashed it.
This is definitely a project but a great driver as well, I have had fun with it. Have never driven over 80mph.
It drives great I have not had any problems recently. I did have electrical overheat problem but found that a wires shielding had melted in distibuter and fixed it.
This is all that I know is wrong with it. Sold as is where is...
N.A.D.A Low retail is 9000+
I have spent a buttload trying to restore spent 13992 on car (receipt), 1100 on the flywheel and clutch (I may have lost the receipt to it). Eng rebuild 3600 (receipt).
I am asking 7,000 OBO, willing to work with price. can be reached at 478-988-7999 or 478-338-4931
Name is dennis williams
http://photos.yahoo.com/dennyzr1 here is the link to photos.

Hello Denny, I am intersted in your car, it sounds exactly like what Im looking for. Is it possible to send me photos? Is it matching numbers? Any other options? It would be a 12 hour drive to get it but. . .

Thanks.

didn't see it on e-bay. i am interested what is your best price. i would have to get it shipped

thanks
bill

Sounds like a great deal. I did not see the auction on E-bay either. Would you mind posting a link to it so we can follow it? Hope you have a smooth transaction.

Congrats on selling your Corvette so quickly on E-bay. Wish I could have put some money down on it but things are still a little tight for me. Hope this doesn't mean that you will leave this forum forever. We like all people here at CAC... or at least that is what I am told even though I don't own a Corvette at the moment either.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom