Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1972 holley (list 6239-1) date code oddity question

GREG W.

Corvette
1972 LT-1(A/C)
Sirs,
on my 1972 lt-1 with a/c i have a date code of 1406, on a holley with a chevrolet part #3999263, list 6239-1. Books tell me holley dates in 1970-1972 should be 3 digits only. First digit year(1971). Second digit month(april?). Now i run into the oddity-06 for the week, or 0 or 6 for the week(neither works). Can any of you really smart guys shed some light on this peculiarity? Ncrs, anyone? No obvious molestation of this carb. I appreciate any comments or questions to help me get to the bottom of this. Thanks, greg

Sirs,
on my 1972 lt-1 with a/c i have a date code of 1406, on a holley with a chevrolet part #3999263, list 6239-1. Books tell me holley dates in 1970-1972 should be 3 digits only. First digit year(1971). Second digit month(april?). Now i run into the oddity-06 for the week, or 0 or 6 for the week(neither works). Can any of you really smart guys shed some light on this peculiarity? Ncrs, anyone? No obvious molestation of this carb. I appreciate any comments or questions to help me get to the bottom of this. Thanks, greg

You are quite correct. The original carb would have a three digit date code.
You have a service replacement.
Date code would be read as 140th day of 1976/1986

You are quite correct. The original carb would have a three digit date code.
You have a service replacement.
Date code would be read as 140th day of 1976/1986

Thanks for the quick reply. Makes good sense for 1986...previous owner had engine rebuilt around that time. Would have been swapped for original, no? Greg W.

Thanks for the quick reply. Makes good sense for 1986...previous owner had engine rebuilt around that time. Would have been swapped for original, no? Greg W.
Not sure I totally understand the question here. But the numbers are all correct for an LT-1 the only indication that it's a replacement is the date code.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom