Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1973 Convertible

Corvette
2000 Dark Bowling Green Metalic Convertable
In 1973, I special ordered a convertible, 350 HP engine, 4 speed close ratio transmission and basically every option available. It was a nice car but I sold it in Washington DC after a little over 10,000 miles in the middle of the gas crises. I have regretted it ever since. I won't admit what I bought to replace it (ugh!). :crazy

Question: It was gold with a leather saddle interior. Not orange, not yellow or yellow metalic. I can't find the color listed in the Corvette Black book. Has anyone else seen a gold '73?

Gold would have been a special order, paint code of SPEC. Was not a regular color.

By the way, no 350 HP engines in '73. L82 was 250, LS4 was 275.

tom...

Gold would have been a special order, paint code of SPEC. Was not a regular color.

By the way, no 350 HP engines in '73. L82 was 250, LS4 was 275.

tom...

Okay, it was special order but I was not aware that the color was not part of the normal offering until recently when I could not find it on the list. And on the engine, yes, 250HP, 350ci, typo.

I tried to order the 454 275hp but it would have delayed the delivery more than six months. Also, I had ordered the cast aluminum wheels but was notified that they were not available.

War bonnett yellow looked fairly "gold" didn't it?? Maybe not like Riverside in the years previous, but to me, it always looked alot more golden than yellow!

Any chance youv'e still got the VIN somewhere ? that might help . . ..

YJ8 Wheels, Special Cast Aluminum with Center Caps

Yes the aluminum wheels were available to order on the '73 however it was "rumored" that 8 sets were made with only 4 sets being delievered on the car.

General Motor's reason for lack of availability was a in correctable bead leak around the rim.

I have never seen a build sheet or "validated" window sticker that shows the YJ8 option on a '73.

Not offered again as an option until 1976.

Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom