Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1976 Guys

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
Hey all you 1976 guys, I am having a hard time finding a steering wheel, I would love to have one in good shape but would be interested in any 1976 wheel, I have plans to have it redone. I want to strip off all the orginal covering, and hope to find metal under. I then want to crome plate the spokes and to rewrap the wheel in leather to match the interior. So first I need a wheel. Second does anyone have any idea if what I want to do will work or not? Let me know.

It's so nice to hear that someone actually likes the 76 wheel! So often it's like that one relative everyone has, but can't seem to stand. I like your idea and wish you the best in finding one and hope to see some pictures when you're done.

Who knows, you may have started a new trend here -

:Steer

76okievette, let us know what you find under the covering........... I might try something along the same line. I have found a 77 and an 80, both are part cars, I have considered changing the columns just to have a different look. I think you have the right idea!! Tks for posting........ Save The Wave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom