Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1978 Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car Go-Kart

jwalsh151

Corvette
Hey, guys. First posting here and must say that this site has been extremely informative and saved me countless dollars doing it myself. Thanks to all of you that take the time to inform those of us, uh hem, lest adept at mechanical challenges...

A good friend of mine is raising cash to get married (I know, I've tried talking sense into him, but he's a goner), and has enlisted my help in selling his prized possession, a 1978 Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car Go-Kart. We have been able to find ZERO information on it, other than a blurb on this site from a guy that has one with Zora's signature. (Hats off to him, btw) Do any of you know any details about this collector that can shed some light on # produced and values?

The kart has some minor scratches and paint blemishes, though I'm sure a little time with the buffer would cure that. However, the seller's dad is a long time Corvette fanatic and insisted that his son not drive the car, with the exception of the local Christmas parade for "2 or 3 years", in order to preserve its collectability. (Almost feel bad for the then kid of 6. Gets his first Corvette and can't even drive it... Then realize how spoiled he was vs me and my pity disappears.) The engine has not been started for 30 years, and unfortunately, the gas in the tank indicates that the engine was not stored properly. I'm assuming we need to at least drain the gas in the tank, and then SeaFoam (?) or Stabil, starter fluid on the carb...? Any advice on resurrection would be helpful. (Engine, not the big JC)

Currently listed on eBay. Also considering contacting Mecum to see if they would be interested. Anyone know if that's worth the call?

Chevrolet : Corvette:eBay Motors (item 150347563866 end time May-30-09 14:17:23 PDT)=

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

I have a 1985 olds pace car go cart never been run would love to find more about it and who would be interested in it but no luck either Steve

I will try to unbury it it is a calais body style and is a red autumn firemist color it has similar lettering as the above corvette looks to me that it may have been made by the same company Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom