Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1978 Hot Rod Corvette

L

Last Ride

Hey all--
Well, the time has come once again to shop my baby. My wife and I have reached a compromise, and part of it is me getting rid of my '78 Silver Anniversary. She just doesn't like the older Vettes, and will not justify spending the kind of money on it I would like. That is why the project has been so slow-going. Anyway, here are the details on the car:

First of all, purists look elseware. The car is a hot rod at heart, literally. I have a 1995 LT1 and 4L60E transmission in place of the factory setup. The motor runs strong, after a long arduous process of demons kept it out of commission for a while. The rear axle (axles, differential, trailing arms, etc.) was all completely rebuilt two years ago, and that car has been driven around 10,000 miles in the past 5.5 years. Carpet is new, and I added some heat shield/sound deadener when I recarpetted earlier this year. I have most receipts, and have spent around $23,000 total on this car since I bought it in January of 1998.

The car is not perfect. Most of the areas that would need attention are cosmetic. The paint is decent, but I was planning a repaint. The bumper covers are the original urethane and are a bit wavy. The wheels could stand to be polished. The car is an A/C car, but I haven't hooked up the system since switching over to the LT1. The seats are worn in places, but no tears. Finally, the radio does not work.

I do have some extras that would go with the car. I have a set of Killer light brackets made by the Forum's own 69MyWay that would allow for the electric headlight conversion. I also have a Hyrdoboost kit ready to go on the car. A Steeroids rack and pinion setup still new in the box will go with the car if I don't get it sold beforehand. A new set of weatherstrips to replace the aging originals completes my extras.

Overall, the car is in good driving shape with most of the mechanical work sorted out. Cosmetic attention would make this car really killer! As for price, I am setting the price at $11,000 firm for right now. I am going to be continuing to work on the car to fix some of the things that I want done, but that will ultimately raise the price. Please respond to this ad or via email if you want to know more. I hope to have pics up on my website by tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom