Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1979 center instrument cluster and radio removal

Nigelcurry

Corvette
1979 Black coupe
Hello every body
please can any one over there help me.I want to remove the center instrument console and radio! Any advice or pictures would be most helpful,it’s a 1979 coupe and I love her to bits.
regards nige

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy

Radio,pull the knobs(both of them)there is a nut on under each that needs to be removed.
remove the screws
pull the antenna and unplug the wiring harness.
all the screws around the console as well as the 2 with the heads facing the front of the vette.
unplug the harnesses behind the console and it should come out.

If I forgot anything some one will chime in....

do your self a favor...get a factory service manual and an assembly manual,for your year corvette...these are very helpful....

Nigel, welcome to the CAC. I had a 1979 coupe (black/white interior) and I loved it too. I did many repairs to it but was never brave enough to tackle the console so I wish you loads of luck. Take good care of her in jolly ole'.
Best regards,

Center console

Nigel, welcome to the CAC. I had a 1979 coupe (black/white interior) and I loved it too. I did many repairs to it but was never brave enough to tackle the console so I wish you loads of luck. Take good care of her in jolly ole'.
Best regards

Center console

Best regards

Thanks Paul
great car, great forum,I can do this with you blokes behind me.
cheers mate

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom