Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 Corvette value?

zackm58941

Corvette
1980 Corvette
I'm looking to sell my 1980 Corvette and I was curious what it might be worth in todays market? It has recently been refinished back to the original color, the car is in excelent mechanical condition (L-48) along with the manual 4 speed and the interior is in good shape too. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. 39,000 original miles too. Thanks!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550864 - Here's some pics of the car.

My guess 8 to $9,000. But it is just a guess. Too many variables . Start at the high end. You can always come dowm.
I knew a guy who , several years ago , had a 78 pace car he had to sell and listed it for like $7000 . Got absolutely no replies. Another of his buddies told him he was asking too little for it and people probably thought there was something wrong with the car.
He relisted it at $13, 900 and sold it that weekend !! So don't price it too low either .

Gary

Zack,

I just bought a 1980 a few weeks ago after searching for several months. Mine is a 24K mile original, White with a oyster cloth interior. It has several options, same wheels as yours, glass T-tops, AM-FM 8-Track, power antenna, locks, and windows; cruise control, L-48 engine, Automatic transmission, etc.. I also have full documentation on the car starting with the dealer invoice through older registrations to validate the mileage. The only problems are the 8-track doesn't work and the clock doesn't either... For this I paid about $15K but the car is in excellent condition inside and out..

Spring is coming and prices will increase somewhat with the warmer weather... Read the local ads and Internet prices for a comparable car, in your area, and price yours accordingly. And as Gary said you can always negotiate down but trying to go up is a tad rough...

Good Luck..

My ressearch, for when I purchased my corvette, 1976 L-48 low milage, excellent condition, showed that price's range from 7K to 25K. I think by your description you car should be in the 9k to 11k for me to buy it but if it was mine I would try and sell it in the 11K to 15K range and work my way down if I had to.

New to CAC

Out here in sunny CA the 80-82 vettes vary from 5K to around 15K unless it's a 82 Collectors edition then maybe a little more. I recently did a frame on resto on my 82 and was only able to pull $8500 out of it:cry!

Go to collectorcartraderonline.com. You can do a search for the year with plenty of variables, from all over the country. But the bottom line is that your car is worth whatever someone will pay for it. Like a dealer pal of mine says, there is a butt for every seat. Good luck...

Exerpt from Corvette Magazine:
1980 Coupe: Crummy: $5,600. Decent: $7,900. Good: $11,800. Fabulous: $14,300

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom