Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1980 seatsbelts light always on !!!!!

normvet80

Corvette
1980 L-48 red coupe
Hi !
I have a 1980 l-48 vette and done the restoration since 2004 I am finish at about 95%.
I have 2 questions ?

1: Last week the seatsbelt light just got on and stay's on ??
I have tried to buckle up both belt but still on is there a unit that I have to change ??

2: I have change the T-Top rubber seals and also the pillar of tyhe doors
the window is not closing thight do I have to re-ajust the window of the door and if so how to do that ?????
Thank's to take the time to reply !
Sorry about my english !
Norm.

...the seatsbelt light stay's on...

You may have a short or a loose connection. Check the wiring from the tongue ends of the belts. Might also be a bad tell-tale in the cluster allowing the light to stay on.

...I have change the T-Top rubber seals and also the pillar of tyhe doors
the window is not closing thight do I have to re-ajust the window of the door...

Your problem is the fit of your new weatherstripping. Leading edge of the door glass should seal against your new weatherstripping. Top edge of glass should seal againt the t-top weatherstripping. Your door glasses probably do not need to be readjusted, but your new weatherstripping probably does.

The AIM has a page for windhsield post weatherstripping, t-top weatherstripping and top adjustment. It also has instructions for repositioning the door glasses, but adjustment of the weatherstripping should solve your problems. Order the AIM.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom