Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 - 134a conversion help needed

J

joeydm

HI everyone. I need some help. I bought the kit to convert my a/c over to 134a. The problem I am having is that when I installed the new adapter ( on the low pressure side) I cannot get the quick connect onto it because of the " tentioner/ adjuster bolt" is in the way. I tried to put it on with the bolt totally off but then the bracket is in the way. HAs anyone got any tips on how I can do this or how they did it. Any info is greatlyappreciated ;help;shrug

HI everyone. I need some help. I bought the kit to convert my a/c over to 134a. The problem I am having is that when I installed the new adapter ( on the low pressure side) I cannot get the quick connect onto it because of the " tentioner/ adjuster bolt" is in the way. I tried to put it on with the bolt totally off but then the bracket is in the way. HAs anyone got any tips on how I can do this or how they did it. Any info is greatlyappreciated ;help;shrug
I think they sell a 90* adaptor to deal with that, saw it at Bennet Auto Supply down here

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom