Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Duntov Turbo Corvette

Brangeta

I ran across this on ebay and I thought you turbo guys would like to see it.
4eb2_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981...209265764QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190209265764

These were a slow sell when new. I remember many bad comments when first prototypes showed at Bloomington! Has appeal to those who want low production!! Kinda of like having a 3-speed drum brake 65 Vette.;)

Best for a museum!

Probably right, but at an asking price of $80,000, that would bankrupt any museum :bash

There was the Corvette Museum in Cooperstown, NY that went belly up, then it was the Precision Valley Corvette Museum in New England - they even had a Callaway TT :cool

I think the way the National Corvette Museum has stayed afloat (and it wasn't always looking so good) is due to its 501(c)(3) non-profit status and the fact that when cars are donated, it is a HUGE tax writeoff, Callaway TT #87-001 is there and was donated to the NCM. A lot of the other cars thought, are loaned. :w

Probably right, but at an asking price of $80,000, that would bankrupt any museum :bash

There was the Corvette Museum in Cooperstown, NY that went belly up, then it was the Precision Valley Corvette Museum in New England - they even had a Callaway TT :cool

I think the way the National Corvette Museum has stayed afloat (and it wasn't always looking so good) is due to its 501(c)(3) non-profit status and the fact that when cars are donated, it is a HUGE tax writeoff, Callaway TT #87-001 is there and was donated to the NCM. A lot of the other cars thought, are loaned. :w

I think I remember that one in Cooperstown, any idea when it closed?

I looked at one at roger's Corvette Center in Orlando. At the time (circa 2003) I think they only wanted something like $30K. It only had some 2800 miles, totally mint, autographed by Zora, and fully documented.

In retrospect, it would have been a keeper, but oh well.

-Luigi
:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom