Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1981 Frame Bracket For Z Bar

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
Hello all - the frame [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]bracket[/FONT][/FONT] broke on me earlier this week - I finally had some time to get underneath and remove the two bolts that go in the frame so that I could give it a good up close inspection. Easy enough, I thought. The bolts are now out but the bracket won't budge. Is it possible that this is also welded to the frame??? Appreciate all replies.. Thanks, Ray

Did they break from rust???
or don't you know why???
Can you feel the nut end of the bolt or perhaps there is a hole in the frame,
to feel the bolt thru???
it is possible that they are welded into the frame.

In the parts manual it shows the clutch cross shaft frame bracket, part number 475390, as a part separate from the frame so it would be a bolt on part and not welded originally. If it was factory welded to the frame it would be listed as part of the frame assembly and N.S. (not serviced). That doesn't mean that someone before you didn't have a problem with it and weld it. A close inspection all around is in order.

It also could be that rust is holding it on. I'd put a chisel between the bracket and frame and give it a good whack with a hammer. If it doesn't pop off it must have some weld someplace.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom