Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wanted 1982 Attachment buttons for for exterior T Top carrier:

Looking for a particular item to buy or trade, use this prefix to post your thread.

Gamaliel Perales

Corvette
1982 Silver blue with blue interior
The external T Top carrier on my 1982 attaches to these buttons with a screw. There are four of them behind the rear glass and two of them have broken off. I don't know how rare the option was in 1982 but I have looked online and in catalogues and they don't have anything like them included. I have checked with Ecklers and Mid America with no luck. If anyone has information on these, please let me know, Thank You

Last edited:
I think you are looking for a Well Nut, GM part number 342271. They were used on all rear carriers for all of C3 production for either roof panels or T-tops. Here's the link to them on Amazon. They push through the hole and expand when tightening the mounting bolt. I hope that price isn't each. It seems like they were less than a dollar back in the 80s. I searched GM Parts Direct and they no longer show them. You may be at the mercy of buying old stock that is no longer available from GM but I'd search other sources like Fastenal or even hardware stores for a similar item.

Tom

Last edited:
Looks like many sizes are available at Lowe's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom