Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 1982 brake bleeding sequence

Eric Hill

Corvette
1982 Corvette Base
Hey guys,
I'm sure this question has been asked MANY time (because I've searched all through this forum) but, what is the proper sequence for bleeding brakes on a 1982? I've seen a ton of different answers and I'm just hoping someone can HOPEFULLY clear this up for me once and for all.
I've always been told farthest from the MC to closest.
On here, I've seen guys saying LR first then RR then RF then LF. I've seen inner/outer/bottom next inner/outer/bottom next fronts....

I've got all new calipers and rotors and MC and the lines from the MC to the proportioning valve. I bench bled the MC before installing. Gravity fed everything after that, then manually bled at the calipers again (farthest to closest and only using outer bleed screws) and I just cannot get a decent pedal. The pedal is super spongy and will just sink to the floor. Sometimes the brake light is on. Sometimes it is not.

Can someone help me out before I just light this thing on fire?

Hey guys,
I'm sure this question has been asked MANY time (because I've searched all through this forum) but, what is the proper sequence for bleeding brakes on a 1982? I've seen a ton of different answers and I'm just hoping someone can HOPEFULLY clear this up for me once and for all.
I've always been told farthest from the MC to closest.
On here, I've seen guys saying LR first then RR then RF then LF. I've seen inner/outer/bottom next inner/outer/bottom next fronts....

I've got all new calipers and rotors and MC and the lines from the MC to the proportioning valve. I bench bled the MC before installing. Gravity fed everything after that, then manually bled at the calipers again (farthest to closest and only using outer bleed screws) and I just cannot get a decent pedal. The pedal is super spongy and will just sink to the floor. Sometimes the brake light is on. Sometimes it is not.

Can someone help me out before I just light this thing on fire?

Rt Rear inner,Rt Rear outer,Lt Rear inner,Lt Rear outer,Rt Front,Lt Front. Been doing C3's this way since 1968 always worked for me.

I did the '81 two years ago and no amount of pedal pumping would get all the air out. I finally gave up and bought a pressure bleeder. Should have bought one years ago. It was so quick and easy.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom