Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 c3

jenkx

I'm looking for the vehicle speed sensor that connects to the back of the speedometer and the speedometer cable from the cruise control to the speedometer.
Any ideas please?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

The cable is just that. No outer casing

You should have a 2 piece speedo cable.1st part plugs into the back of the speedometer in the dash(there is no speed sensor),then into the cruise servo and the 2nd from the servo to the side of the tranny near the tail shaft.
perhaps someone has removed the outer casing of the cable.
where it fits into the back of the speedo,the outer casing has an end on it that pushes into the back of the speedo,to unplug reach up behind the dash (you maybe able to unscrew the screws and pull it out a little but not much,)and depress the tab around the casing and pull it out with the other hand(yeah its a bitch).
good luck.

Thanks Bill.
I do have the cable out.
The sensor that I have hooks up to the back off the speedo. It uses a screw to attach to the metal housing.
The sensor looks like it may use light to collect is info. Some one mentioned that it may be a cruise control sensor.

I appreciate your efforts.

Thanks Bill.
I do have the cable out.
The sensor that I have hooks up to the back off the speedo. It uses a screw to attach to the metal housing.
The sensor looks like it may use light to collect is info. Some one mentioned that it may be a cruise control sensor.

I appreciate your efforts.

Sounds like the vehicle speed sensor for the ECM. It has nothing to do with cruise control. It's used for the torque converter lock up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom