Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1982 Crossfire wont run without pedal pumping

T

tronder

Bought the car this spring. Has been sitting since 2007. Ran well when I picked it up, but on my way home it started to run rough after about
one hour of driving. Don`t know much about crossfire, but I have replaced the following units from a good running (donor) 82 Corvette:
Distributor
Map Sensor
Electronic control module

Cleened the Gas-tank

Replaced Fuel-filter, Sparkplugs and wires.

Just the same.

not real clear what you are asking .but i think you want to know what to look at because the car does not want run with out pumping the pedal.i would look at the fuel pressure .the pumps go out on these cars a lot .look at the spray at the throttle body .www.crossfire.homeip.net/index.php?act=idxthis is a good source for the cross-fire.

Check that fuel filter again...there may be residual crap from sitting and/or cleaning the tank that is collecting in the fuel filter.

this is a very late post,I hope it is repaired by now. But I would replace the temperature sensor on the right front of the engine.

jimbil208

Did you replace the temp sensor on the right front side of the engine? I will edit this post with more info.........If the temperture sensor is bad the

ECM will keep a very very rich fuel mixture because it does not know any better. pumping the pedal probably gives you a little more air to compensate

a bit.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom