Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire Upgrades: My Quest for More Air and More Fuel

Cartrax

Corvette
1984 Red Coupe
Vacuum Readings?

Kane, sounds like your making good progress. Great! I on the other hand have had nothing but issues every inch of the way on my "84. Actually had to walk away from the tuning for a period of time it got so frustrating. Currently refurbing the interior. Anyway, I have a similar set-up and I'm wondering if you have taken any vacuum readings. Would like to compare to mine if you have, thanks.

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
Great thread .... any updates ???

It's running great!

Did have to adjust the lash on it. Rockers on the number 2 and 4 cylinders had come a bit loose- that caused false knock as well as simply not opening the valves enough to make good power. I think this happened once it started going to 5,500rpm with the new intake- it wasn't used to it! The cam was replaced in the past- I don't think the valve train was ever adjusted after break in.

Replaced the fan clutch... I think it was dating back to the 80s. That cleared up problems with it running hot.

Once I had these little ankle biters sorted out, it has run like a top.

Anyhoo... I've spent the last however many driving it, taking it to cruises, and enjoying it. :thumb

KANE

Corvette
Kane, sounds like your making good progress. Great! I on the other hand have had nothing but issues every inch of the way on my "84. Actually had to walk away from the tuning for a period of time it got so frustrating. Currently refurbing the interior. Anyway, I have a similar set-up and I'm wondering if you have taken any vacuum readings. Would like to compare to mine if you have, thanks.

Sorry I'm getting back to you sooo late.

I don't have any vac readings to share. It's been a few months- I can't recall the specifics.

If you are having problems with off-idle... it could be your throttle shafts. There aren't any bushings- so they are NOTORIOUS for wearing out.

KANE

Corvette

WhalePirot

Corvette
1984 White Z-51/ZF6-40/Shinoda body
Interesting posts. My L83 now is a 383, inserted in my custom '55 F100 with 700R4 and full C4 suspension. Initially built with a carb/intake and 'RV' cam, for low end torque, good fuel mileage, it also has the D36 3.07 rear.

Early still, in the build but I always wanted to do a well running CFI, using the parts I've been storing for a decade or so; back before anyone was really making power with that setup.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom