Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 1982 Windshield Wiper Reservoir Replacement

C-3_Joshua

Corvette
1982 Black T-Top
Hello! I'm finally back on this site after buying my corvette at the end of last summer. It's been AMAZING! Thank you all for your help as I was purchasing it.

Right now I need some assistance please: I need to replace the reservoir for my windshield wiper fluid and can't find a walk through. Does anyone have that information? I've looked into it and thought about just diving in but there is A LOT going on around that area and I don't want to screw something up. I've been successful on other projects so I'm getting more and more confident.

Any advise, suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks again!

Joshua

I think the fastest way is to take out the alternator with bracket and get it out that way. :) But I'm not 100% sure.

Greetings Peter

Recommend removing the driver's side vent gill (aft of front-left wheel). The windshield bottle is a two part component. It has the long neck, and then the bottle itself. The wiper fluid motor is at the bottom. Best chance in removing it would be through bottom of car.

This is from the "Corvette forum" so all credit goes to the author. I'm simply copying it and pasting.

post_old.gif
03-29-2010, 07:35 PM
RaymondD
CF Member
100-500.gif

Garage is empty, add now

My Corvette Photos

icon1.gif

If you go from the top you would have to remove the brake booster. The easier way is from the bottom remove the panel behind the wheel. 2 bolts from the wheel well and 2 from behind the rocker panel trim. You'll have to remove the trim also. Then remove the gas vapor canister and there is plenty of room to get the windshield washer jar out.
user_offline.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom