Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1985 Radio Issue

RapidJim

Corvette
1985 Black
I have a 1985 that has a radio issue.

The radio in it is a Delco Bose original. The radio stays on after the car is shut off and the key is removed. There is also power on the pink wire to the amplifier relay which is keeping the amp on, even i
f I manually shut the radio off. The interior lights work like they are supposed too. After exiting the car the interior lights will go out.

I have hunted in vain trying to find a wiring diagram.

Can anyone help me figure out what is happening. Relay somewhere or maybe a bad radio. This Vette only has 36,000 miles on it.

Thanks So Much

Jim

The radio stays on after the car is shut off and the key is removed.

How long have you owned the car? Is this a new problem? Do you have 12 v. at the RADIO fuse after you turn off the ignition? If "yes", does the radio go off if you pull that fuse?

There is also power on the pink wire to the amplifier relay which is keeping the amps on, even if I manually shut the radio off.

There are two pink wires in the circuit. Your comment seems to be referencing the pink between the receiver and the relay, not the pink between the relay and the amps. That "receiver" pink also controls the antenna. Does the antenna stay up?

I have hunted in vain trying to find a wiring diagram.

That's why the FSM is so highly recommended to every Corvette owner! These cars are complicated! Are there any signs of mouse damage to the wiring?

:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom